ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR LOCAL & FOREIGN STUDENTS
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR LOCAL STUDENTS
Admission is based on the merit list position acquired in admission test conducted by the DGHS.
Eligibility for local students:
1. The applicant must be a Bangladeshi Citizen
2. Passed SSC or Equivalent examination and HSC or equivalentÂ with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
3. Must have a minimum combined GPA 7.0, an individual minimum GPA 3.5 and minimum GPA 3.5 in Biology at HSC.
4. ‘O’ and ‘A’ level examination candidates should submit equivalence certificates from the Director General of Health Services, Govt. of Bangladesh, along with the application.
Admission test conducted by the DGHS. (http://www.dghs.gov.bd)
Selection is based on three items-
SSC GPA x = 40
HSC GPA x 12 = 60
Admission Test = 100
Total = 200
The written admission test is of one hour’s duration with MCQs on Biology (30%), Chemistry (25%), Physics (20%), English (15%) and General knowledge (10%). Result of examination on merit basis is published by DGHS.
Prospectus and Application Form are available from college office on payment of Tk. 1000/- during the time period (decided by DGHS) between 9:00 am – 3.00 pm.
Filled-in application form with own hand writing should be dropped during office hours latest date declared by DGHS.
The following documents are to be submitted along with the application:
Attested photo copy of S.S.C. certificate & mark sheet or equivalent examination certificate & mark sheet.
Attested photocopy of H.S.C. Certificate & mark sheet or equivalent examination certificate & Mark sheet from individual Board.
- Attested photocopy of testimonial from the School Head Master.
- Attested photocopy of testimonial from the Principal of the College.
- Four passport size (attested) & 3 stamp size photographs (Colored).
- Money receipt of application fee.
- Certificate of character from a Govt. Class I Gazetted Officer.
- Certificate regarding financial solvency of parents/ guardians.
- Nationality Certificate.
- Original copies of above documents are to be produced at the time of admission.
Admission to the Course:
Selected candidates shall have to report to the college administration for admission as per the specified date and time. The vacant seats will be filled up from the candidates in waiting list (In case of failure in admission by the selected candidates within the stipulated date and time).
a) 5% seat is reserved for poor & scholar students
b) 25% seats are reserved for foreign students.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
Foreign Students may be admitted upto 50% of the total seat as per rules. The students will have to submit permission from their respective government. The interested applicants must fulfill the following criteria of eligibility for admission.
- Applicants must have passed qualifying examinations i.e. 12th grade (10+2=12 years) of schooling at a public school/ board/ college or passed an examination in any foreign country which is recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as equivalent to the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination.
- Applicants must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their major/ compulsory subjects.
- Applicants must have obtained at least 75% marks in average (which is equivalent to GPA 4.0 or equivalent grade in Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary Certificate examinations or in equivalent examinations respectively (i.e. ‘B’ grade in A-level or O-level examination) and should have at least 65% marks separately in either of these examinations (i.e. GPA 3.50 or ‘C’ grade). In case of O-level examination marks grades of only six subjects (top 6 subjects on the basis of marks/ grades obtained) will be considered. In case of A-level examination, marks/grades of Physics, Chemistry and Biology will be considered for evaluation.
- All academic certificate must be transferred to Bangladesh standard (through collection of Equivalence Certificate from DGHS Dhaka, Bangladesh) & Student Visa formalities through embassy of Bangladesh.
- Application should be submitted in SMCH prescribed forms. Attested copies of certificates and mark sheets etc. have to be furnished along with the application. All certificates and mark-sheets must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective country of the applicant’s academic institution. No application will be accepted without such attestation.
- The successful applicants will require to produce all academic certificates and mark-sheets in original during their admission.
Eligibility for foreign students:
Seats are reserved for foreign students on First come First Service basis. Students interested to take admission in Southern Medical College, Chittagong Bangladesh must book their seats by before November 15th. There are certain procedure to be maintained. Every procedure must go through both embassy: Indian Medical Council (IMC), Nepal Medical Council (NMC), Director General Health Service DGHS (Dhaka) & Ministry of foreign Affairs.
Students are requested to contact our Consultant in India, Nepal, Bangladesh –
1) Arun Bapna
Voice | +91-92144-22499, +91-90010-99110 (WhatsApp/Viber/IMO)
Email ID |email@example.com
Website |www.mbbsnow.com | www.DronacharyaGroup.com
2) Anwar Murshed & Mr. M Karim
Mobile: +88 017111 35742
69/C (5th floor), Green Road, Panthapath, Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh.
Hotline: +8801712 862 669
3) Arun Kumar Chaudhary
International Education Consultancy
Old Bus park, Way to Shankar Dev Campus,
Mobile : +9779841279554; +9779851119513
Tel: 977-01-4249142, 2001132, Mob: 977-9841279554
4) Reepa Barai Biswas
5) Dr. Oaliur Rahman
Broad Way Dental Center
24, Shamolee Biponee Bitan, Mirpur Road, Dhaka.
(Opp. Shamolee Cinema Hall)
Tel: +880-2-9123978, 8127467
6) Shamimur Rahman Meaji
Paltan Shopping Complex,
Under ground, 42, Nayapaltan
Community Center, Dhaka-1000
Cell: +8801712628201, 01840001929
7) Dr. Md. Rakib Uddin
A.S.Â Education Trust
Hathigaon Chariali, Bhetapara Road,
Guwahati, Kamrup, Assam, India.
Phone: +91 8974084294, +91 9435549886.
8) S.M. Tabibur Rahman
Be Fresh Education
Golden Plaza (5th Floor), 1692 CDA Avenue, GEC Circle, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Cell: +88 01922 336677